How to Become a Lawyer in Washington Dc
Steps to become a Lawyer/Attorney in Washington Dc
- Get my Washington Dc Undergraduate Pre-Law Education.
- Take the LSAT (Law School Admission Test) for Washington Dc Lawyer.
- Go to Law School in Washington Dc
- Take the Washington Dc State bar Exam.
- Now that You’ve Been Admitted to the Bar in Washington Dc
How Long Does It Take To Become a Lawyer in Washington Dc?
It takes approximately four years to finish a bachelor’s degree in Washington Dc:
- Then it will take you approximately three years (with full-time enrollment) to finish your law school in Washington Dc
- Then you will have to take and pass the Washington Dc
- Bar Exam. All in all, it will take you a little over seven years to practice as a lawyer in Washington Dc
Washington Dc Lawyer Requirements
To become a lawyer in Washington Dc:
- You need to meet following requirements:
- Must have an undergraduate degree from a nationally/ regionally accredited institute
- Must pass the Law Admission Test (LSAT)
- Must apply to the American Bar Association-accredited (ABA) law schools
- Must have a two year graduation known as Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree
- Must pass the state bar exam (the State Bar Examination)
What is Average Salary of Lawyer in Washington Dc?
On average, lawyers in the state of Washington Dc earn anywhere from $98,000 to $148,000 with the former figure being the minimum annual salary and latter being the maximum.